AML / CTF Compliance [br] [br]
KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER (KYC) OBLIGATIONS
Strict legislation and regulation to combat Money Laundering and other financial crime in most major international jurisdictions require financial institutions to Know Your Customer (KYC). This means having adequate information to make risk-based decisions at a number of stages in the customer relationship – at take-on, during the annual reviews, when high value transactions are taking place and when changes in customer activity changes may require a decision to exit the relationship.
Your business needs to be in a position to make informed decisions and justify any action it takes when dealing with any type of customer, individual or corporate, particularly in volatile economic conditions and when exploring new business in emerging markets.
NC Investigations high quality due diligence service establishes in detail the background of individuals and corporate clients alike so that you can make sound business decisions based upon reliable information. Our reports will include, where possible:
- The full background/history of a client;
- The source of wealth a client brings;
- Confirmation of the identity of individuals;
- The identity of key individuals involved in any corporate client – directors, shareholders and ultimate beneficial owners; and
- Negative findings – such as criminal history, sanctions and watch-list entries, regulatory investigations and politically Exposed Person (PEPs).
During the life of a customer relationship, your business has to be able to carry out checks on a customer’s transactions to ensure the source of the money is legitimate and to be able to research any that may appear unusual. Where concerns arise, your business must be able to complete due diligence very quickly.
This will either allow your business to arrange settlement or delivery by the planned value date – you do not want to have to pay back-value for delaying a transaction when speedier due diligence could have avoided it – or, in circumstances where due diligence findings highlight concerns that cannot be mitigated, to refuse the transaction.
If you would like to find out more about how NC Investigations can expertly service your KYC and compliance requirements, reliably delivering the highest quality at the most competitive prices, please contact us to arrange a free initial consultation.
ANTI-BRIBERY, CORRUPTION AND AML/CTF COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
Are you a multinational company or regulated firm with a link or connection of any kind to the UK or US? If so, are you aware of the national and international bribery and corruption legislation, along with the UK’s anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) legislation, with which you must comply? Are you taking action to ensure compliance?
Our specialists have in-depth knowledge of AML, CTF, anti-bribery and corruption laws impacting your organisation. We can work with you proactively to help achieve compliance, including providing tailor made bespoke training, or reactively to help you respond to regulatory or law enforcement action.
NC Investigations helps its clients to proactively manage, and reactively respond to, their AML, CTF, bribery and corruption risks by:
- Conducting proactive Compliance and Risk Reviews – reviewing existing compliance programmes and assisting in the enhancement of such programmes or the development of new programmes;
- Providing training and awareness initiatives on relevant legislation and their practical implications;
- Assisting in the development of controls designed to monitor for compliance;
- Conducting examinations of overseas business units or third party entities;
- Assisting M&A teams with due diligence on potential targets to identify bribery and corruption risks which may impact on price or successor liability;
- Providing integrity due diligence on potential business partners and other third parties, as the regulation requires;
- Reactive Investigations and Remediation – investigating potential or actual violations of bribery and corruption legislation, e.g. improper activity or suspicious payments;
- Liaising with regulators and law enforcement throughout the investigation process, helping clients to understand and meet expectations;
- Using forensic technology experience to identify, collect, review and disclose evidence; and
- Assisting in the remediation of issues identified during bribery and corruption investigations.
NC Investigations will work with you to mitigate the significant reputational and commercial harm that breaches of AML, CTF, bribery and corruption legislation and FSA guidelines can cause you or the organisation in general. Internally this will help establish a culture and reputation for sound ethical business practice which can provide a competitive advantage over competitors.